Wind turbines are expected to operate efficiently in adverse weather and rugged environments, meaning all components of the hydraulic blade pitch control system must be dependable and durable. DSTI’s fluid rotary unions for wind turbines provide a reliable, constant supply and return of hydraulic power to the blade actuators.
To do DSTI has more than 2,000 blade pitch control rotary unions in service, DSTI’s proving their designs are rugged for both onshore and offshore applications.
DSTI’s fluid rotary unions can also be integrated with electrical slip rings to provide positioning sensor data and fiber optics.
Blade pitch rotary union features:
- High pressure, multiple passage designs
- Long life, hydrodynamic seal technology
- Low rotational torque, ideal for continuous duty
- Integrated mounting and electrical slip ring options
- Material options Including specialised stainless steel for offshore environments
- Specialised designs for direct integration into customer equipment