Sea and Land Project Engineering Engineering Design and Consultancy Services for Renewable Energy Industries
Sea and Land Project Engineering is a London-based Design House providing structural design and consultancy services to the offshore renewables industry. Our experience in the design of Offshore structures spans back over 27 years to the oil and gas industry, where valuable experience was gained delivering a range of topsides and foundation structures.
Our renewables division was established in 2010 with our first design project – the design of Thanet substation and wind turbine generator (WTG) foundations. We have since designed a number of offshore windfarm substations and WTG foundations for the renewables industry, including several in European waters. The company also has considerable experience in European Codes and regulatory framework requirements.
Our team of experienced engineers and designers deliver lightweight and innovative designs using the latest software and design techniques. Experience in fabrication, transportation and installation ensures we deliver designs that are fabrication and T&I friendly and right first time.
We are an agile organisation that responds quickly to our clients’ needs so that we can provide thorough and expeditious support throughout the project lifecycle.
Sea and Land Project Engineering has designed offshore renewables structures with a total constructed capacity of 2,839MW.
Structural design and consultancy services for offshore renewables applications
Sea and Land Project Engineering provides structural design and consultancy services to the offshore renewables industry.
The company supports offshore developers and contracting companies to deliver EPC and EPIC projects of the highest standard.
We offer a broad range of services to the renewable sector, including all aspects of structural design, owners engineer, change management, design validation and technical support, with further support in construction, transportation and installation. Sea and Land Project Engineering have an experienced geotechnical team that provides technical and support services. We have a very close relationship with Fugro who have supported us on more than 95% of projects. Fugro is recognised as market leaders in its field and together we offer a broad range of professional services aimed towards offering exceptional design solutions to our clients.
Offshore windfarm substation projects
- Examples of offshore windfarm substation projects designed by Sea and Land Project Engineering are as follows:
- Thanet OSS foundations – 20m water depth / 12 j-tubes including the design of the 1460t topsides
- Amrumbank OSS foundations – 23m water depth / 16 j-tubes / for 2,600t topsides
- Butendiek OSS foundations – 20m water depth / 18 j-tubes / for 3,000t topsides
- Veja Mate OSS foundations – 39m water depth / 16 j-tubes / for 3,500 topsides
- Dudgeon OSS foundations – 21m water depth / suction caissons / 14 j-tubes/ for 2,000t topsides
- Merkur OSS foundations – 30m water depth / 16 j-tubes / for 3,500 topsides
- Hohe See OSS foundations – 2 piles per leg / 40m water depth / 16 j-tubes / for 4,500t topsides
- Deutsche Bucht OSS foundations – 39m water depth / 11 j-tubes / with 2,000t topsides
- Seamade OSS foundations – Two monopile substructures / 35m water depth / 11 j-tubes / with 1,100t topsides
Wind turbine generator (WTG) foundation projects
Examples of WTG foundation projects designed by Sea and Land Project Engineering are as follows:
- Thanet – Detailed design of 100 monopile sub-structures for Vests V90 WTG in water depths of 15m-25m in clay/chalk soils
- Iles D’Yeu Et De Noirmoutier – Tender design of 62 jacket substructures for Siemens SWT-8.0-154 WTG in water depths of 20m-35m
- Dieppe – Le Treport – Tender design of 62 jacket substructures for Siemens SWT-8.0-154 WTG in water depths of 20m-35m
- Formosa II – Concept design of WTG foundations for Siemens SWT-8.0-154 and MHI Vesta V164-9.5 MW WTGs in 35m-55m water depth, including seismic and typhoon.
Research and development projects
Examples of R&D projects performed by SLPE are as follows:
- Suction bucket foundations-collaborative research -DTI funded study including laboratory & mid-scale testing, theoretical models, scour effects and installation methodolgies
- Tidal energy–investment in TGL -DTI funded 500kW demonstrator -SLP undertook design & supply of foundation
- DIWET5–£3.5m ETI funded feasibility study with industrial partners (BAES, BlueH, Romax, GHP, CEFAS, & SLP) -Deep water floating solution TLP -2-bladed 5MW lightweight innovative turbine
Products and Services
New Malden Business Centre
46-50 Coombe Road