New Build South-East Europe 30 and 31 October, Istanbul, Turkey
Arena International is pleased to announce the New Build South-East Europe conference, to be held in Istanbul, Turkey on 30 and 31 October.
The event, which returns for its second year, will discuss the latest strategies, technologies and developments being implemented in the south-east European region, with a special emphasis on Turkey.
With ever-increasing demand for power and an evolving mix of power generation companies are looking to new technologies to help meet stringent emissions laws and targets. Currently, the most efficient way to combat these targets seems to be with new build developments, especially in south-east Europe.
Key topics at the conference
Presentation topics will include:
- Outlining the impact of EU policy changes, wholesale market and regulatory framework on the power industry’s development in south-east Europe
- Evaluating the progress made in liberalising south-east Europe’s energy market to promote investment
- Assessing the power market and price situation for the industry in CEE and SEE in the recession
- Analysing key regulatory, technical and commercial issues associated with connection and integration in the energy grid to overcome hurdles posed by local planning schemes and regulatory frameworks
- Analysing investment issues to encourage and promote the financing of new build projects
- Overcoming the ongoing investment obstacles that arise during and pre-construction
- Western Europe case study: A strategic look at increasing the appeal of your project for potential investors
- A leading utility’s perspective on new build and current market developments
New Build South-East Europe will provide a well-balanced mix of strategic and technical insights to help European utilities discover the direction the power market is heading and delve into the latest technological and regulatory developments.
Top industry professionals speaking at New Build South-East Europe
Attend the conference to hear from a range of professionals including:
- Alper Ercan – deputy managing director – Gama Power Systemes Engineering and Contracting
- Andi Aranitasi – senior banker – EBRD
- Caner Ozdemir – member, Energy Commission of Chamber of Mechanical Engineers
- Dr Zoltan Nagy – energy manager- Eastern Europe and Middle East, Linde Gas
- Dr Sirri Uyanik – general manager, ISKEN
- Dr Wolfgang Moll – head of project development – RWE Technology GmbH
- Fatih Kolmek – energy expert, EMRA
- Franz Bauer – director, VGB
- Harun Bilirgen PhD – principal research scientist, Lehigh University, Energy Research Center
- Korkut Oztürkmen – general manager, OMV
- Kuday Kaleli – project manager, OZALTIN
- Oguz Turkyilmaz – chairman, Energy Commission Of Chamber Of Mechanical Engineers
- Patrick Clerens – director, EPPSA
- Peter Szenasy – investment director – CEZ
- Peter Agh – head of grid access and development, CEZ
- Pjotr Schade – managing director, Everest Energy Group
- Taner Kaynar – managing director – Gama Power Systems
- Yesim Akcollu – banker, World Bank
Don’t miss out on what will be a fantastic event. Places are limited so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.